- Iowa's Family Investment Program offers time-limited benefits for low-income people with children.
- Previously known as "food stamps."
Child Care Assistance
- Iowa offers subsidized child care for children in families with low incomes.
- Healthcare coverage for children, elderly, and people with disabilities. IowaCare offers limited benefits for adults who are not eligible for Medicaid.
Apply online for any or all of the above
- You may complete an assessment to see if you are eligible. Also, you may apply for any of four programs, and you may complete an unfinished application at this site.
Apply for hawk-i
- The Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa (hawk-i) program offers no- or low-cost healthcare coverage for children in homes of low or modest incomes.